DDT900: Latrobe Double Drum Winch
Latrobe Double Drum Winch
The Latrobe Gauging Winch is a hand operated winch capable of handling Gauging Weights up to 90 Kg (198 lb). As compared with the San, the Latrobe Single Drum Winch holds double the length of single core conductor cable and can be fitted with dual sliprings and multicore cable for use with directional current meters.
The Latrobe Double Drum Model DDT900 can be used on small travellerways up to 60m (200 ft) span. The second drum can be easily removed to allow single drum operation and ease of handling. The Latrobe single drum Model WS900 can be fitted to a winch frame with outrigger, for use on boats or off bridges. A lightweight trolley is also used for bridge gauging.
Points of Interest
- Single extendible handle
- Detachable traversing drum
- Optional Dual Sliprings
- Light Construction – Cast Aluminium Frames and Drums for easier transport and handling
- Automatic Weston Brake – safety brakes which lock the winch if the handle is released
- Free Fall Drag Brake – allows quick lowering of heavy weights down to water surface
- Counters Housed within the frames – protected from external damage
- Silver Plated Sliprings – conducts signal from sounding drum to the current meter counter
- Single Layer of Signal Cable on Drum – Prevents damage of internal conductor and premature replacement