TB3: Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
- TB3 Brochure (PDF)
- Manual (PDF)
- TB3 Features (PDF)
- Can you trust your Rainfall Data? Latest NEWSLETTER
- How does rainfall affect rain gauge accuracy? (PDF)
- TBRG comprehensive presentation detailing differences between TB3, TB4, TB6. Siphoning vs Non-Siphoning (PPT)
- TB3 Salt Test Report (ZIP)
- Raingauge Information Report detailing the differences between the TB3: TB4: TB6 (PDF)
- RainGauge Maintenance Video (youtube link)
- Raingauge Maintenance PPT (download)
- Environmental Monitor Article on TBRG - interview with Peter Ward Founder/CEO (PDF)
- Rainfall Intensity Comparison (PDF)
High Accuracy Tipping Bucket Raingauge
The Hydrological Services Tipping Bucket Raingauge is recognized as the world standard for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations.
The integrated syphon mechanism delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
Each unit consists of a collector funnel with leaf filter, an integrated syphon control mechanism, an outer enclosure with quick release fasteners, and base which houses the tipping bucket mechanism.
The unit includes dual output reed switches with varistor protection as well as dual rainfall discharge outlets for water collection and/or analysis.
Points of Interest:
- World standard 200mm catch
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Bucket sizes: 0.01 inch/0.2mm/ 0.5mm/ 1.0mm
- Long term stable calibration
- Leaf filter resists blocking
- Optional internal Data Logger, with no external power requirement
- In-built discharge outlets at base for water collection and analysis
- Dual output signal for data collection and transmission
- World class meteorological instrument
- Easy to service with low maintenance requirement