The user selectable speed ensures a very smooth and stable transect, resulting in more accurate discharge measurements.
If logs or other debris are seen to be moving downstream toward the ADCP, the user can immediately increase the speed of the Flying Fox and move the ADCP safely out of harm's way.
The weatherproof remote control with backlit LCD displays transect speed, (user adjustable from 0-1.6ft/s (0.5m/s), distance traversed, wireless signal strength, battery voltage & current draw while operating.
- Variable speed control from 0-1.6ft/s
- Visual Low Battery Warning with Audible Beeper
- LCD Rope Tensioning feature
- Quick Swap Battery Compartment (rechargeable & interchangeable)
- LED status lights
- Rugged weatherproof instrument case
- Wireless operation up to 574ft range (175m)
- Remotely controlled from riverbank
- Loss Protection: safety lock will not allow tow vehicle to separate from rope
With the Flying Fox it's now possible for Hydrographers to make ADCP measurements almost anywhere on a river or stream, no longer restricted to bridges or cableways. For me, it's exciting to note that the Flying Fox originated as a customer request, as have many of our best products. One of our most valuable resources is the customer feedback we receive and integrate directly into our design and engineering process.