USH-9 Ultrasonic Snow Depth Sensor
The robust design of the USH-9 makes it ideal for the reliable measurement of snow-depth in extreme conditions. It is used by the central weather service all over Europe as well as by the avalanche warning services in high mountain regions. The ultrasonic…
|Accuracy||1 % (FS)|
|Dimensions||200 x 400 (D x H mm)|
|Operating temperature||- 40 ... +80 °C|
|Lightening protection||further improved|
|Power supply||9-30VDC, active xxmA (xx sec), Sleep Mode xxμA|
|Multiple Interface Options||
The robust design of the USH-9 makes it ideal for the reliable measurement of snow-depth in extreme conditions. It is used by the central weather service all over Europe as well as by the avalanche warning services in high mountain regions. The ultrasonic membrane incorporated into the USH-9 stands out due to its long service life.
The additional air-temperature detection feature permits precise measurement of snow-depth over a wide temperature range.
The powerful ultrasonic impulses emitted by this snow depth sensor deliver reliable readings even when there is a difficult reflection ratio, as is the case with powdery or fresh snow.
The sensor is characterized by its high level of operating reliability, low energy consumption and ease of use in the field. The operating parameters and adjustment settings of the USH-9 are controlled simply and easily via a standard terminal program installed on a PC or laptop computer
- Designed for extreme conditions
- Robust sealed ceramic membrane that never requires replacement
- Correct measurement during snowfall and snow drift
- Protective shield against icing
- Integrated lightning protection
- High measuring accuracy due to integrated temperature compensation (with dual direction radiation shield)
- Extreme low power consumption: no. of measurements is adjustable; measurement can be triggered by SDI-12, sleep mode between the measuring phases
- Simple sensor integration - analogue and digital interfaces
- Incorporation of new parameters; recognition that snow is falling, measurement of the snowfall intensity, recognition if snow is staying on the ground or not (on artificial grounds e.g. Road, concrete, PVC plates)
- Measure distance and snow height up to 10m
- Adjustable number of measurements and filters