- Discharge measurement at high accuracy for very broad bodies of water and at inhomogeneous velocity distribution
- Only one level measurement, but multiple individual velocity measurements
- Proven SOMMER RQ radar technology: non-contact measuring, maintenance free and flood-proof
- No structural work is necessary in the water
- Recognition of flow direction and hysteresis effects
- Measurement in tidal waters
- Measurement in backwater situations
- Measures even where weed growth prevails and in waters with high turbidity
- Measuring range from +/0.10 to +/-15m/s
- (depending on the flow conditions)
- Optional: analogue outputs from 4 to 20mA
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
The RQ-30L is mainly applied where existing measuring sites (e.g. gauging sites) should be upgraded in terms of quality without the need for big investments. While the water level can be measured as before, the radar sensor improves the accuracy by additionally determining the surface flow velocity. Therefore the RQ-30L is a very effective extension to all sites where the water level should (or must) be measured by a separate instrument other than the RQ-30.
The water level (water gauge) is determined by any measurement device other than the RQ-30L and provided to the same as an analogue data input for the discharge calculation.