One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customize and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
TB3 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The Hydrological Services Tipping Bucket Rain gauge is recognized as the world standard for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations.
The integrated syphon mechanism delivers high levels of accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
Each unit consists of a collector funnel with leaf filter, an integrated syphon control mechanism, an outer enclosure with quick release fasteners, and base which houses the tipping bucket mechanism.
The unit includes dual output reed switches with varistor protection as well as dual rainfall discharge outlets for water collection and/or analysis.
- World standard 200mm catch
- Accuracy not affected by rainfall intensity
- Bucket sizes: 0.01 inch/0.2mm/ 0.5mm/ 1.0mm
- Long term stable calibration
- Leaf filter resists blocking
- Optional internal Data Logger, with no external power requirement
- In-built discharge outlets at base for water collection and analysis
- Dual output signal for data collection and transmission
- World class meteorological instrument
- Easy to service with low maintenance requirement
- The following resolutions are available:
- 0.01 Inch
- 0-250mm per hour +/-2%
- 250-500mm per hour +/-3%
- Range 700mm per hour
- Enclosure Powder-coated aluminium
- Base Powder-coated aluminium
- Pivots Ground sapphire pivots with hard stainless steel shaft
- Bucket Material, available in painted brass OR chrome plated ABS