One of the key factors behind our success is our ability to customize and develop innovative products to meet specific customer requirements.
TBH/TBH-LP Heated TB3 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The Hydrological Services Tipping Bucket Heater has been designed for use with the Hydrological Services Tipping Bucket Raingauges. The device is a thermostatically controlled heating element that raises the temperature of the interior of the raingauge, funnel and catch to avoid the freezing of the gauge in cold climates with subsequent loss of precipitation records.
There are two models available: The TBH for sites with access to mains power and the TBH-LP (low power) for remote location applications.
The TB Heater is supplied ready to be installed with no settings required. The TB Heater incorporates an SDI-12 interface that allows the operator to configure, monitor and manually control the TB Heater – depending on the system requirements. (It is not mandatory to use the SDI-12 interface – but only optional if more detailed information or control is required.) The SDI-12 interface is optically isolated from the control electronics, because the control electronics may be operated from AC and therefore has separate earthing. The SDI-12 interface requires a separate 12V DC power source.
Points of Interest
- Power Requirement AC/DC
- Low Power Consumption - only operating when snow is detected
- Fully Automated Operation
- Thermostatically Controlled Heating Element
- SDI-12 Interface
- Ambient temperature range -40oC to +70oC (-40oF to +158oF)
- Snow sensor and heater operating parameters between -20oC to +5oC (-4oF to 41oF)
- Average power generated 35 watts (150 watts during initial minute warm up)
- Voltage requirements:
-Main Power: 10VDC to 30VDC or 12VAC to 28VAC
-SDI-12 Power: 9.6VDC to 16VDC (SDI-12 standard)
-SDI-12 Interface: optically isolated ,1200 baud, 7 bits, even parity.
- Power generated and current requirements:
- 12 VDC
- 45 watts average (70 watts when heater is on)
- 3.7 amps average (approx 65% duty cycle) (5.8 amps when the heater is on)
Please note tipping bucket rain gauge is ordered separately.